Landscape lighting does more than showcase your yard and home after dusk falls. It provides an added security and safety measure for you and your family.
At Epic Electric, we’re here to help you create fun and functional landscape lighting to make your home not only beautiful, but safe.
If you have ever experience the gut wrenching feeling of looking out into your yard and seeing that you were the victim of vandalization overnight, we need to talk about security lighting. It can be extremely frustrating. Thankfully, security lighting can reduce this risk and that of potential break ins. The added lighting eliminates the shadowy spots in your yard where intruders can no longer hide and cause destruction. By illuminating your property, you can rest easier knowing you have done your due-diligence in keeping your family safe from invaders.
Safety lighting, on the other hand is installed to keep you and your guests from tripping or falling while on the way to your door. Who hasn’t at least stubbed their toe while making their way to the entrance. Safety lights are meant to illuminate areas such as entryways and pathways. The last thing you want your family or guests hurting themselves while on their way into your home.
Tips for Good Security and Safety Lighting
Let us highlight a few tips for efficient outdoor security and safety lighting for you to consider when mapping out your landscape lighting:
- Install lights high enough to reduce the risk of them being reached and tampered with by potential intruders.
- When selecting your lighting fixtures, choose ones that have a plastic guard or metal mesh cage surrounding the light.
- Use light timers to set programmed times when lights will illuminate once dusk falls.
- Install motion sensors that will alert you when there is movement near your home.
Types of Safety and Security Lighting
There are many types of landscape lighting that can help with the safety and security of your home and property. A few are listed below to give you some ideas of where to install the additional lighting.
- Entryway lighting. These lights are situated above doorways and garage entrances.
- Ceiling lighting. Porches and seating areas are ideal locations for ceiling lights.
- Pathway lighting. Use lights that are meant for walkways. They can be situated to line the path leading up to doors or garages.
- Step lighting. Add lights that are flush with staircases to avoid additional tripping hazards.
- Poolside lighting. To eliminate tripping into the water, lights can be installed that are waterproof and floatable.
At Epic Electric, we strive to make your home as safe as possible for your family and guests. It can be a daunting task to upgrade your landscape lighting. We are here to make the process easier. One phone call and we will be there to do a walk-around and provide a quote for upgrading the lights around your property.